Strong, broad based commercial experience with extensive knowledge of retail,
catering and leisure management. I have a proven track record of adapting to
changing business environments and systems.
Seeking positions where good people skills and relevant experience will add value to operations.
Current projects: David Gregory
Web design and search engine optimisation for charity Cardiac Risk in the Young
P/T lecturer teaching Sage Accounts courses at Merton College & Merton Adult College
Membership administrator, IT solutions and Web maintenance at the Blood Pressure Association
Installed and maintain Sage accounts for a Buckland Design
Web development for Action on Salt
Alpha Airports Group
Alpha Airports Group (AAG) is among the world’s largest aviation support service companies. It is the primary supplier of flight catering and airport retail services in the UK.
Product Control - Gatwick Airport units November 1999 - September 2000
I transferred to Alpha's largest in-flight catering unit to use my existing skills to improve control systems and profitability and develop more general management experience.
Control Manager- Alpha Airports Group - Jersey Airport August 1992 - November 1999
Alpha Airports Group (Jersey) Ltd operates the concessions at Jersey Airport: all food and beverage outlets, Tax-free and general retail shops, Executive Lounges and In-flight catering. It has an annual turnover in excess of £6.5 million.
The Control Office maintains all systems to allow the proper monitoring of the financial affairs of Alpha Airports Group in Jersey. Reporting directly to the General Manager I was responsible for the effective and smooth running of the office.
* Managed two full-time and two part-time administrative staff and a cashier
* Ensured security of the Company’s cash and stocks
* Monitored sales and purchase ledgers ensuring gross margins are achieved
* Operated the payroll system for over one hundred staff
* Regulated variable and overhead costs, calculate concession rents
* Produced profit and loss accounts for all units
* Analysed trading results to manage forecasting and budgeting
* Liaised with Unit Managers to drive improvement programmes for profitability
Royal Shakespeare Company, Barbican Theatre 1988 -1992
The Barbican Theatre is a 1160 seat repertory theatre and is the London base of the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) within the Barbican Centre.
Assistant to the London Administrator
* Serviced the RSC by supervising Reception, General Office, Stage Door, maintenance, security and cleaning teams.
* Liaison with the Centre’s management on operational, licensing, health and safety and customer care matters
* Administered the RSC Trust’s Corporate Members’ scheme - a fund-raising arm of the RSC involving ticket allocation and hospitality
* Controlled booking of spaces within the Theatre and Centre for VIP events and meetings; arranging catering and technical requirements for these
University of London, Canterbury Hall 1988
Assistant to the Bursar
Taking bookings, allocating rooms, planning and setting up spaces for overseas groups and conferences during the summer.
T.N.T UK Ltd, London 1987 - 1988
Hill Bailey (Solicitors), London 1986 -1987
Oxfam, Sheffield 1985 - 1986
Voluntary Shop Leader
MS office inc Access database, Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop, FrontPage, Dreamweaver
City & Guilds 7303 Teaching Adults Certificate
Computerised Accounts - OCR Level 1 & 2
CIMA Level 1, Financial & Management Accounting
EDUCATION - David Gregory
University of Sheffield 1982 - 1985
Biology and Psychology
The Ilkeston Grammar School 1976 - 1982
4 A levels, 9 O levels
PERSONAL DETAILS - David Gregory
Date of Birth: 12th November 1964, Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Driving License: Full, clean
I enjoy developing new skills and have regularly undertake evening classes:-
Web site design, Carpentry, French and Car Maintenance.
I have a passion for surfing. I play golf and tennis regularly.
Having friends who work abroad I am fortunate to be able to travel widely.